Our system allows multiple users to use the same domain name. The user who adds the domain will act as the domain owner. He or she can then allow other users to use the domain.
The domain must be fully configured in our system. For more information see the connecting how-to.
Requesting alias from owner
This step must be completed by the individual seeking to use the domain in his account.
- Go to Account Menu. Choose "mail settings" and scroll down to the "domain and mail alias" section.
- In the email alias section, click on "add". Create the alias mail address by using the full email address (wantedaddress@customdomain).
- The alias will appear in the list waiting for approval.
Approval by the domain owner
- The alias appears in the domain owner's account in the "emails to approve" section.
- Domain owner approves the request.
- Once the request is approved, the other person can use the alias in his account.
Adding aliases to other users
- The domain owner can also create aliases to be used by other users.
- If you have your own domain and know the user's user name, go to "Account/Mail settings".
- Scroll down to "Email aliases used by other users", and click on "Add".
- Type in the alias email address and the user name and click on "Save". You can only add alias using the domains you have in our system. The alias can be used immediately by the user.
Setting up alias as the primary address
- When the address is approved, its status changes to "confirmed" in the alias list.
- Click on "set as primary". The addres is now configured as the primary mail address of the account.